Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Time to cook up some kale

So what we ended up having for dinner was:

Chicken Picatta
Roasted Asparagus
Beets with Orange

and Breadworks Walnut Raisin bread

the next day I chopped up the leftovers and mixed in some plain yogurt and voila!

Chicken salad with beets and asparagus!

which was delightful.

I did make coconut sorbet, it is still sitting in my freezer.

But other than that, I am still on the grilled cheese and v8 habit.

Two amazing v8 variations -

If you chop up some cucumber, some bell pepper and some tomato and maybe some onion and douse this in v8 - you have quick and dirty gazpacho to have with your grilled cheese!

If you heat it up with some heavy cream you will have cream of tomato soup!

Yay!

Purge and re org is pretty much complete - I need a dresser. Other than that all systems are go.

It is ungodly hot here.

Am reading a midwife's biography and it is making me super excited about becoming a nurse midwife and also kind of making want to have a baby. Yikes.

I always thought that I would have kids, and the older I get the more unlikely it seems and I'm almost mostly ok with it.

If I don't get 100% ok with it I'm not sure that I will midwife. I think that the moments after the birth, with the parent/s and new baby might be too painful. That I will grieve too much that I will not experience it for myself.

If I don't midwife I imagine that I will do hospice. It's the flip side - I believe that life should begin and end with as much dignity as possible. It is a privilege to assist with coming into the world and with going out. And we all get to die.

Moving on -

went to Yoga for the first time since I've been back in Pgh. WOW. First, I'm out of practice - waaaaay out of practice. Secondly - it felt amazing. My wrists feel better, my shoulders, my back - jeez. It's like the meds I guess - never stop again!

1 comment:

Regan said...

Yay! You're back! Love you, fish.